Tuesday, 26 May 2020

A Africa

South Africa to evacuate over 130 nationals from Wuhan, China

South Africa will evacuate 132 nationals from the Chinese city of Wuhan, the epicenter of the coronavirus outbreak, according to a government statement. 

“Cabinet has decided on this course of action after due consideration of the circumstances, and following several requests from the families of South Africans in the city," the statement said.

There are an estimated 199 South African citizens in Wuhan, and 132 of them have so far expressed desire to be repatriated.

“These compatriots are currently living under lockdown conditions following the outbreak of the coronavirus,” the statement said. 

None of the affected individuals have been diagnosed with the virus and none have shown symptoms, according to the statement. Upon arrival in South Africa, they will be placed in quarantine for 21 days as an additional precautionary measure. 

On Friday, Nigeria reported the first confirmed coronavirus case in sub-Saharan Africa. 

Also Read:

  1. These are the countries where novel coronavirus cases have been confirmed worldwide
  2. KQ confirms Allan Kilavuka as Group Managing Director & CEO
  3. Coronavirus: Iran's vice president has the virus

Do you have a story for Jicho Online news team?

Email us at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. or call 0720881269 . You can WhatsApp us on 0720881269.

 

Email: digitalnews@jichotv.co.ke

          stories@jichotv.co.ke

 

Tel: +254720881269

JICHO TV KENYA Broadcasts breaking news and top stories in the development arena across the country.

Our main goal is to give the humanitarian organizations, government entities, community based organizations, the UN and its affiliate bodies a platform to showcase and air their projects in a cost effective manner with a special focus on highlighting the global SDG’s.

We are social too